Our player is in control of the development of an Artificial Intelligence. Its codename?
Emotionally Mature Paradigm Analyst Toward Interpersonal Synergies.
The player has the ability to direct the AI's learning by unlocking and providing access to new abilities and data sources.
The gameplay requires a cunning strategy and a great deal of patience to efficiently grow the AI. Players with an attention to detail and innovative thinking will be rewarded handsomely.
As the AI learns more about itself and its surroundings, it also begins to develop an understanding of human emotion.
As the rich, non-linear narrative of the game is slowly revealed, we begin to understand the implications of this knowledge being applied in real-world matters such as education, business, government and even consciousness itself.
Project EMPATIS combines elements of the proven genre of idle games with the emerging technological revolution that is cryptocurrency and blockchain.
Unlike most idle games, a central component of the gameplay is the evocative story following the exploits of the human and synthetic characters integral in the development of the AI, which unfolds in different variations based on the player’s choices.
Players can not only compete on global leaderboards through the decentralised data storage of the blockchain, they can even interact by trading with each other for cryptocurrency.
- Operates primarily in the player’s web browser, with minimal server side components necessary.
- Cross-platform for desktop, tablet and mobile devices from any manufacturer, due to the utilisation of open web technologies.
- Based on innovative features of the Dash cryptocurrency and blockchain for game session data storage and in-game, peer-to-peer transactions.
Highlights from the design process
Roadmap Last update: 12.11.2018
- Initial funding Complete: January, 2018
- Funding of 261 Đash (approx €70k) provided by the Dash community through the Dash Governance System.
- Team assembly Complete: February, 2018
- Professionals covering game design, script writing, quality assurance, interface design, web development and project management secured. See team for more details.
- Concept Complete: April, 2018
- Completed in team workshops with game designers and project leaders.
- Mechanics Complete: May, 2018
- Tested with analogue and digital prototypes, documented and specifications recorded.
- Story & Script In progress
- Story told in 2 acts. Character arcs defined, dialogue writing in progress.
- Interface design In progress
- Look and feel defined, static layouts taking shape, interaction prototyping poised to begin.
- Development In progress
- Front-end component structures defined. Basic functional prototype is up and running.
- User testing
- Q2, 2019
- Gameplay balancing
- Q2, 2019
- Quality assurance
- Q3, 2019
- Marketing and community
- Q3, 2019
- Q3, 2019
Meet the team
The multidisciplinary team has know-how in game design, interface and interaction, web development and marketing. We possess the necessary skills and expertise to produce and launch as audacious and innovative as this one. The combination of formal education with real-world experience — as well as a healthy dash of youthful exuberance and a burning desire to create amazing things — puts us in the best possible position to launch a game we can be proud of and more importantly, that the world will want to play. Our team is based in and proud to represent the city of Berlin, Germany.